Project Runway - Day into Night



I have to admit that I wasn't very inspired by this week's challenge. Brook Shields was the special guest and judge. The challenge was to design an out fit for her to wear on her show 'Lipstick Jungle' I've never seen it, but I've heard that it is some sort of Sex in the City clone (which I didn't watch either, sluts and expensive shoes, no thanks)
The outfit had to be suitable for her character to where in the office and then out for a night on the town. And she said that her character had a taste for the 'bohemian style' oh jeez, don't say that to this crowd of designers.
The designers worked in teams. My favorite team was Jerrell and Stella who seemed like they would be very opposite, but actually got along quite well.
The results were very mixed from Blayne's dumbassed Bermuda shorts, to Kelli's very tacky 1980s Merry-Go-Round inspired bustier set with leopard trim.
The winner was Keith from the Mormon Hood and Kendel, who did the chiffon petal skirt with floral top above. I thought the waist was too high, but otherwise very nice.
I also liked Korto's design, above right. She was stuck with Joe Scmoe. The boho blouse was very orange, but I liked the style. You removed the top to reveal a fitted strapless dress with an open back.
Kelli and Blayne were in the bottom two, and I can't believe that Kelli was out and Blayne was in. Yes, Kelli's outfit this week was bad. But I thought for sure Kelli would be in the final 3 or 4, whatever. Blayne hasn't shown that he is much of a designer. In fact none of the men have shown any outstanding design talent.

Maybe I need to watch the show again to appreciate it more. It was just ho-hum.

1 comment:

Sakura Rose said...

Had to smile at your side note about Sex & the City :) I love how blogs let you know people's true feelings about random subjects!

Jessica Rogers
Owner, Sakura Rose Boutique
www.sakurarose.com