Christmas cookies are done!

Today was Christmas Cookie Baking Day. I did two batches of Butter cookies (yum, yum, yummy) 1 batch of peanutbutter cookies with peanutbutter chips and chocolate chips (seen here) and 2 batches of chocolate chips. The first batch of chocolate chips came out all flat. So with the second I cut down on the butter and refrigerated the dough for a while and they came out perfect (I just have to remember to do that next year)

Harlow finished her nap and came in to guard the cookies while I was baking. She sat under the table where I had them cooling. I gave her a few little peanutbutter doggies treats so she thought she was getting some of the real peanutbutter cookies, which did smell really good.



Boris usually assists in the kitchen when I cook, but he slept right through the cookie baking. He did come out at the end when he realized what was going on. I gave him a few of the doggie Christmas cookies that he and Harlow got as presents from our friends Brian and Maddie.

Boris did hang around to mooch with Harlow while I ate my lunch - a sandwich with roast beef, bacon, lettuce, tomato and Kraft Creamy Horseradish (have you ever tried that spread? Really good)



Yeah, Moon Doggie eyes.
I am all cookied out now. My back hurts from standing so many hours. So I'm taking off the rest of the day.

No comments: