Anytime, anyplace - Strathmere in the 1940s

That's what I'd choose if I could live anytime in anyplace, well, I'd like to visit Strathmere in 1902, which is the year that our house was built - I'd love to see it when it was brand new, and meet the family who owned it (we are only the 2nd owners) Otherwise I think I'd choose the 1940s in Strathmere to live anytime anyplace, after seeing these great photos.
I maintain a website about the history of Strathmere, and people lend me their old photos to use on the website. I recently received some photos from 2 friends, both now in their late 70s. The photos were of the girls and their teenage friends in Strathmere during the 1940s.




Not only are the 40s my favorite time for clothing, which makes me love the photos, but they look like they are having so much fun. One of the ladies who sent the photos recalls the time fondly with memories of swimming, fishing, singing in the streets at night. Small quiet family town, no boardwalk, no noisy crowds, just a bunch of friends making their own good times.




Also, I won these fabulous shoes on ebay this week!
They are too big! But I'm gonna try to wear them anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol, It is so super that you know the names of the people in the photos. It really adds so much meaning to an old photo just having the names.