Still have traveling 'Vintage Style' on my mind

So my last post was about weekend traveling, using vintage bags. The photo to the left here shows the vintage straw bag that I had chosen to use for weekends at the Jersey Shore this Summer. Then I pulled out two round suitcases that I have to sell, but just haven't gotten listed on the website yet. Either of those would be good weekend choices for me too. I'm leaning towards the grey one because it has a pretty pale lavender quilted lining. The inside of the black leather one is cool too - brown printed paper.




I finished hanging the rest of my vintage purses this week too, after buying more tacks. Most are on one wall, with a few on the other wall. Yes, that is an exercise bike. It gets minimal use and yes I occasionally hang my clothing on it! Now that the purses are all easy to see, let's see if I use more than the same 4-5 all the time!



Here's a closer peek at a few pairs of my shoes. I wore my first open toed shoes of the season the other day. It was a happy feeling. Also went out in a dress with no stockings for the first time this season too. It was way too hot to worry about how pale my legs were!



One last peek at some of my stuff. This is how I hang my sweaters. I have two over the door hooks, and I just hang them tiered so that I can see them better. 2 are new, all of the others are vintage.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Putting the bags on the wall is just the best - and most stylish - organising idea ever!

I love vintage hatboxes for travelling with vintage. I use a couple that belonged to the Nana I never knew (but wish I had - she died before I was born). Her name is on one of them in gold lettering, and as my aunt told me, it's almost my name, as my middle name is an adaptation of hers. But they're fabulous for hats, and you can pack so much around them!

Unknown said...

my goodness! i love your wall and oh those shoes!