Vintage beach towels displayed and repurposed

I had these two very cute vintage beach towels - one came from a local yard sale and the other I bought on ebay. The one towel has been thrown over a cedar chest the past year, because I didn't know what else to do with it. When I bought the 2nd one, I had to figure out something cool to do with them. I wanted to display them, but not mess with them in any way since they are perfect and unused.

So tah-dah, why not make curtains out of them? I only handstitched a loose rod pocket along the top - no cutting was done to them at all and the stitches are wide and spaced, easy to remove. I hung them in the kitchen in the cottage at the Shore, perfect for a beach kitchen, plus they are still nice and bright, letting light through. I love them.

Now - I need 2 more towels for the other window!




7 comments:

ClubVintageFashions said...

I love those...what a wonderful idea!

SHOWTIME VINTAGE said...

Absolutely adorable. Now I want some vintage beach towels. You are lucky, Carol, to not only found one, but snagged another perfect one. Congrats!

melina bee said...

brilliant idea-- I've found cute vintage towels before but not known what to do with them.

Trousers India said...

Awesome idea and very creative.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Carol! Sheesh! Good times!

girlsclothing said...

solid idea. would lul to have at my flat near beach.

jessica said...

This is the best idea ever! Absolutely love it!