An awesome 1930s dress for me!




Last week I bid on and won this fab dress. The seller described it as 1940s/50s, but it's actually 1930s. It's a pale yellow linen with dark blue lattice woven fabric on the shoulders and the pockets. Big dark blue barrel buttons. It was a super bargain at $12.50!  There are still some good buys to be had on ebay, it just takes a lot of searching and finger-crossing.

I guess that it went cheap because it was decsribed as having large watermark stains and only 32 inch hips. I took a chance on the hips because the bust was listed as 36 and the waist was 30, and I hoped that the hips were actually bigger than 32 inches (plus I could sell it if it was too small for me) But I got my 38 inch hips into the dress, yay!  The water stains came right out in a light Biz soak (see sellers, put out a little effort to clean your clothing first, think how much this could have sold for if it had been cleaned for the listing)
The dress is awesome. It's a little sheer though, so I have to find the perfect slip to go under it. The belt doesn't go with it, it was the closet match that I had on hand for the photo.







5 comments:

Dakota said...

What a gorgeous frock!! I love it, and such a bargain. It's funny, I just bought a wonderful lot of 1920s and 30s day dresses for a song as they, too, were badly listed. A seller's mistake is a vintage buyer's luck!

garofit said...

Lovely dress, you lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

What a super dress! I'm glad it is in your hands, and in your closet!

Lauren said...

WOW! Gorgeous dress! Amazing find! Those buttons are killer!

Suzanne said...

FABULOUS!