Mystery item - Beach Pajamas, costume, uniform? College pennant novelty print


I picked up this piece a little over a year ago at a local estate sale. It was tossed in a box of vintage costumes. The novelty print caught my eye - College pennants. Cool. When I got it home, I realized that it was a one piece beach pajama - double cool because I love 1930s pajamas. I assumed it was a handmade piece, but then I found the 'Sa Se Maid Brand' label inside the shoulder. Hmmmm. A uniform made like a beach pajama with College names fabric? I wonder what it was used for?

Unfortunately it is only in fair condition. It has some stains and the dark colors have all run in the cotton fabric.






4 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

Oh my goodness, this is spectacular!!! What a find!

BaronessVonVintage said...

I wonder: was this perhaps a set designed to also be worn as "lounging" pjs (I've seen some brands of beach pjs from the 30s advertised as great for gardening, the in-between hours of the day, beach, or lounging?)

BombshellShocked said...

Incredible!

Lauren said...

This is so completely awesome!! Rah Rah! 30's collegiate stuff is awesome!
Ditto the Baroness, I think they're lounging pjs, too :)